Sunday, March 27, 2011

Take Flight

10 against 1 just isn't fair.
Your heart against mine isn't either.
But who plays fair in love anyway?
Certainly not you
& certainly not your heart.

Not your arms
or your eyes
Not your stare
or your glare

But me? Im here & fully armed
Ha!
Just try it!
I'll grab you
Ill take you by surprise
& you won't even know you've been hit.
You don't see me anyway
But later
Ill slide in your thoughts
& there I'll stay

Moving you
with my words
My tools
Lies Lies secrets & more.

Move in your boots
Ill untie your shoes
You'll fall just like anyone
Ill trip you
But catch you before you go down.
Maybe you think that's wrong.
Maybe I should think that's wrong.
But who are you to point accusing fingers across this room?
this is my room
& so is everything in it.
Greedy I am
Selfish
I am not
Envious
I am
Of your feathers beautifully ruffled.
Bet they're soft like I imagine your hands are.
Wear your glasses
& straighten your curls
We'll dance this dance into the night.

This city is cruel
& you live in it.
Im here too
& so I will adapt
This city demands it.

I am a monster.
Are you scared?
I am a prince.
Are you intrigued?

If I make demands will you jump?
Or laugh in my face...
Turn away & say you hear nothing?

I should just be a pillow for you to use.
Then my feathers will serve a purpose.
They'll take flight beneath you

No comments:

Post a Comment